Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day After

This morning I woke up. Probably about 3 times. I set my alarm clock for 9 but my phone for 8, and in the end I woke around 10:30AM. I checked my work email, saw nothing, and shot an email to Keith. He basically told me that nothing was going to be happening today, on account of Phil being sick, so I slacked off most of the day. I played some Knytt Stories, beating the levels I hadn't yet played. I also read my usual sites, checking Something Awful for replies to some of the threads I was interested in. Keith found a little work for me after a few hours, which involved running the F-28 and F-30 tests. Both ran to their respective transactions and failed, so I made a few step by step screenshot based Word docs for Hien to look over. I'm not sure that Keith did anything with these, I sent them to him but he didn't respond to any of my messages. I also finally got the Otakon pics from Adam, and began uploading them to Photobucket (pics can be found here). I sent a link to my Otakon album to Alicia, but I don't think she's looked at it yet. Nubs got hungry and was going to eat some cereal when he noticed there was no milk, so we made a plan. Garbage run then milk run. We were rounding up the garbage to take to the dumpster when Derek arrived. We ended up loading his car with the garbage and taking it to the dumpster. Nubs was responsible for one bag of trash and he totally overshot the gaping maw of the trash compactor when he attempted to throw his bag in. Bottles broke and a loud ruckus was created, but we had business to attend to so we left it as is. We met Michallynn at Half Priced books where Derek thought he would be lucky enough to buy a few volumes of manga for cheap, but his hopes were dashed when he looked upon the manga roller cart. I found a CD with 80s bands on it, with the font all in Iron Maiden style, but lo and behold, not a single Maiden song was to be found on the track list. I was disappointed. From there we stopped at Uncle Sam's sub shop and I snatched a sweet steak sub with a cup of sprite. After this filling pit stop, we headed to Giant Eagle to get a few groceries. We ended up seeing one of Ben's friends, Johanna, and did our best to avoid her, mainly because none of us knew what to say to her. Nubs was originally going to buy the milk this round, but Derek ended up throwing it on the belt when he was checking himself out and got it added to his receipt. This trip, too, had an end, and we headed home. When we arrived we felt in the mood for some UT2003. This time Jim got involved for a few maps. Nubs somehow got a reputation for dominating, which pissed us all off, especially when we played the map set in hell. That fucker repeatedly spammed the shock hammer at me to get a few cheap kills and a full flack cannon shell to the head did not phase him in the least. This frustrated Jim to the point of quitting to play some more Persona 3. Persona 3, folks, is a fucking strange game. Your character must shoot himself in the head with an "Evoker" (looks more like a Desert Eagle) to enable a spirit to appear and fight for him. Though strange, it also seems like it'd be fun to play, so I'll probably try it before Jim sends it back to Gamefly. Nubs wanted to head to the gym tonight, and I figured I would go to, so we went. There was only one other guy when we arrived around 11PM, a black dude who looks like he really doesn't need to come to the gym much anymore. He seems to enjoy looking at himself in the mirror though, whatever floats your boat, bub. I did some treadmill running for 20 minutes, jumped off and cooled down, did some arm exercises, and realized I was really fucking tired. The walk back was extremely humid, and seemed to take just about forever, but we arrived at the apartment without incident. I got in, chugged a few glasses of water, and watched Derek create a forum banner and Jim play more Persona 3.

No comments: