Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lowering the Ears

Today I got a haircut, the first one in about 6 months. It feels strange, the cold cuts through to my head and ears much more easily than before. Something about it makes me feel different, perhaps more attentive to the environment. I was reading an article in one of those Southwest magazines during a flight one time and there was an article a head-shaving type of guy wrote. He explained that it makes you feel good, your scalp feels tingly against the wind. I'm getting some of that, but I do not wish to brave that territory anytime soon. It's cold, Sadie wouldn't appreciate it, and moreover, I don't have the desire. I'll know the time is right when an inextinguishable flame is lit in my heart to become a Buddhist monk. I think I'm all ready to fly out to Philly tomorrow evening, but we'll have to see how ready I am to start this LoadRunner scripting. Baptism by fire, I suppose.

No comments: