Monday, July 20, 2009

Otakon 2009

Got back from Otakon last night and I must say it was a pretty great time. From genuine enjoyment of some animes to faux affection from mocking others, all in all it was a good way to spend the weekend. There were a few standouts that I'd like to look into a little more, including Kaze no Stigma, which was about a guy from the fire magic using clan who instead mastered wind magic, and another whose name escapes my grasp at the moment but involved men who slayed and ate gods. I got a King Kittan snap model, some little figurines, and a few pieces from Artist Alley as souveniers. Also saw, in the realm of live action cheesiness, Zombie Mermaid, Black Magic, Cicikman, Death Bell, and Long Dream. I think I ended up watching more live action than anime this year which was fine as the cheesiness quota has not been fulfilled in quite some time.

No comments: