Thursday, December 13, 2007

Braving the Icy Tundra

I went snowboarding on Sunday, though I neglected to mention this till Thursday, as is usually the case since I am so inconsistent in updating this thing. The interesting thing about snowboarding is the fact I would like to keep trying it. I would say this is one of the few outdoor activities (apart from swimming) I would actually like to do on a regular basis. It makes you sore as hell, sure, but it also elicits a feeling unmatched by any other I've experienced. It's tough, no doubt, but this time I would like to keep pushing myself to improve rather than abandon the tract as I was want to do with physical activities before. Maybe I'm just trying to make up for lost time when I was younger, I dunno. I think I have more balance than I give myself credit for, since falling mainly happened only when I attempted to stop. Turning is not quite second nature, but for never snowboarding before in my life, I felt I could have done much worse. I didn't hit anyone or anything, and usually only fell because it was easier to do than stop. Next time, I gotta see if they have half-sizes since the 10s I picked up hurt like a motherfucker. If not, perhaps 11s would be just perfect for me. Since then, I've played Rock Band at both Kyle and Ron's place and must say if I had room for it, I'd definitely own a copy. That being said, it won't become a reality until either someone moves out, or I get a place of my own.

A place of my own, yes, I've often though about this. Perhaps this is where I should place my thoughts for future review. My roommates, for all their faults, are definitely some of my best friends. Moving out would make things considerably more boring as I would lose the spontaneity of my current situation. The flip side is the increased living space and freedom. I could arrange things to be very feng-shui, I could do anything I wanted nearly whenever without worrying about what my roommates are doing, and possibly even get a pet. Plus, maybe I'll finally get a girlfriend, and if she comes over I won't have to worry about the place looking less than stellar, though I doubt I'd date a girl who'd dump me for a messy apartment in the first place. Just more considerations to throw into my increasingly deep pot of doubt.

No comments: